2017 Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Award Winners Announced
SANTA BARBARA, CA - The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) on May 10 announced the winners of the annual Thomas J. Reynolds Awards for Excellence in Construction Safety and Health during a special ceremony at the 2017 TAUC Leadership Conference at the Four Seasons Biltmore Resort in Santa Barbara, California.
The awards were created in 1983 by TAUC's predecessor organization, the National Erectors Association (NEA), to recognize and commend the exceptional efforts made by members to prevent the occurrence of serious injury - or worse - on the jobsite. Winners are recognized for achieving a zero DART (Days Away, Restricted or Transferred) rate in one of four categories.
In 1988, the awards program was renamed to honor the late Thomas J. Reynolds, a long-serving NEA member. A U.S. Navy veteran, Reynolds spent more than forty years in the construction industry, starting out as a union ironworker, boilermaker and millwright. From 1955 to 1976 he held a variety of high-level safety positions at Bethlehem Steel, culminating in his appointment as Supervisor of Plant Protection and Safety at the company's Burns Harbor, Indiana facility. He went on to serve as Corporate Manager of Safety for Morrison Construction Company for many years. In 1986, Mr. Reynolds was invited by Labor Secretary William Brock to join OSHA's Advisory Committee on Construction Safety and Health, becoming the first NEA member to participate on this prestigious panel.
This year, 102 contractors received Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Awards. These winners amassed more than 119 million work hours with 188 DART Cases in 2016. The average DART Rate of these TAUC members was an astounding .314 for 2016, well under the BLS National Average of 2.0. The winners of this year's Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Awards are as follows.
CATEGORY ONE - Over 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Brand Energy Services, LLC
- Graycor Industrial Constructors Inc.
- Harder Mechanical Contractors, Inc.
- Performance Mechanical, Inc.
- RMF Nooter, Inc.
- Solid Platforms, Inc.
- Walbridge Aldinger Company
CATEGORY TWO - 500,000 - 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Advanced Industrial Services, LLC
- APi Construction Co.
- Chapman Corporation
- Corval Constructors, Inc.
- Day & Zimmermann NPS, Inc.
- EMCOR Hyre Electric Co. of Indiana, Inc.
- Fluor Constructors International, Inc.
- Gallagher-Kaiser Corporation
- Ideal Contracting, LLC
- NAES Power Contractors
- Superior Electric
- Great Lakes Company
- The State Group Industrial (USA) Limited
CATEGORY THREE - 100,000 - 499,999 Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Abel Construction Company, Inc.
- Alberici Global Automotive Constructors, LLC
- Chellino Crane
- Construction & Turnaround Services, LLC
- Dearborn Mid-West Company
- Genesys Industrial Corporation
- Hardman Construction Inc.
- Helmkamp Construction Company
- ISG dba Universal Blastco Compositech
- IWR Building Systems, LLC
- Kennedy Tank & Manufacturing Company, Inc.
- Lytle Electric Company
- Meccon Industries, Inc.
- National Steel City, LLC
- Niles Industrial Coatings
- Pritchard Electric Company, Inc.
- Pyro Industrial Services, Inc.
- Rand Construction Company
- Shelby Mechanical, Inc.
- Simakas Company, Inc.
- Smart Energy Insulation - Toledo Mechanical
- Stevenson Crane Service, Inc.
- StructSure Scaffold & Insulation, LLC
- Vertical Access Solutions, LLC
CATEGORY FOUR - Less than 99,999 Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Chemsteel Construction Company
- GVH Environmental, Inc.
- MarChuk Construction Company, Inc.
- New States Contracting, LLC
- Scheck Technical Services, Inc.
- Smart Energy Insulation - Michigan Mechanical
- StructSure Environmental, LLC
CERTIFICATES OF ACHIEVEMENT
- Advanced Specialty Contractors, LLC
- Alberici Constructors
- AMS Mechanical Systems, Inc.
- APComPower, Inc.
- Atlantic Contracting & Specialties, LLC
- Atlantic Plant Maintenance
- Atlas Industrial Contractors, LLC
- Avalotis Corporation
- AZCO INC.
- Babcock & Wilcox Construction Co. LLC
- Beltline Electric Co., Inc.
- Ben Hur Construction Company
- BMWC Constructors, Inc.
- Broadway Electric Service Corporation
- Bruce & Merrilees Electric Company
- C.R. Meyer and Sons Company
- Central Rent-A-Crane, Inc.
- Commercial Contracting Corporation
- Cornerstone Services Group, LLC
- Enerfab Power & Industrial, Inc.
- Enerfab Process Solutions and Fabricated Products
- Foley Company
- GEM Inc.
- George V. Hamilton, Inc.
- Gribbins Insulation Company
- Henderson Services, LLC
- Independence Excavating, Inc.
- Industrial Contractors Skanska
- J.J. White, Inc.
- Kiewit Power Constructors Co.
- M & O Insulation Company
- Matrix North American Construction Inc.
- MC Industrial McCarl's Inc.
- McGraw/Kokosing, Inc.
- MCT Services, LLC
- Midwest Steel, Inc.
- Minnotte Contracting
- Nooter Construction Company
- Performance Contracting, Inc.
- Pioneer Pipe, Inc.
- Piping & Equipment Company
- Ryan & Associates, Inc.
- Sargent Electric Company
- Scheck Mechanical Corporation
- Stevens Engineers & Constructors, Inc.
- Superior Construction Company, Inc.
- The Jamar Company
- Thermal Solutions, Inc.
- Triangle Enterprises, Inc.
- Universal Piping Industries, LLC