From testifying before Congress to tracking a bill from its initial proposal to final passage, TAUC's Government Affairs division works to protect and advance the interests of the union construction industry.
The immediate past president of the association serves as the Chairperson of the Government Affairs Committee, which is made up of a variety of contractor representatives from firms of all sizes and specialties.The function of the Government Affairs Committee is:
- To carry out the legislative policy of the national association.
- To represent TAUC before the Congress.
- To recommend ways and means of reaching legislative goals on specific issues and constantly improving overall awareness of the legislative process.
- To urge that TAUC members, local employer organizations, and staff become involved in legislative matters, to know their national legislators, and to recommend ways of presenting TAUC's point of view in a constructive and effective manner before legislative committees and before individual members of Congress.
- Campaign for Quality Construction
- Construction Employers of America
- Quality Construction Alliance
- Industrial Efficiency Coalition
- Construction Industry FASB Coalition
- Tax Paying Employers Against Misclassification
Each year TAUC jointly hosts a national legislative issues conference with other all-union trade associations in Washington, D.C. Members are strongly encouraged to attend.