Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Award winners announced
WHITE SULPHUR SPRINGS, W.V. - The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) on May 11 announced the winners of the annual Thomas J. Reynolds Awards for Excellence in Construction Safety and Health during a special ceremony at the 2011 TAUC Leadership Conference.
The Thomas J. Reynolds Awards were created nearly three decades ago to recognize and commend the exceptional efforts made by TAUC members to prevent the occurrence of serious injury - or worse - on the jobsite. Winners are recognized for achieving a zero DART (Days Away, Restricted or Transferred) rate in one of four categories. The winners of this year's awards are as follows.
Category One: Over 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Cherne Contracting Corporation
- Matrix Service Industrial Contractors
- Nooter Construction Company
- Williams Specialty Services, Inc.
Category Two: 500,000 - 1 Million Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Atlantic Plant Services, Inc.
- Power Maintenance & Constructors
- S.M. Electric Company, Inc.
- Scheck Mechanical
Category Three: 100,000 - 499,999 Hours Worked
- APi Electric Company
- Blackmore & Buckner Roofing, Inc.
- Bruce & Merrilees Electric Company
- Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor Company
- Fuellgraf Electric Company
- Gribbins Insulation Company
- J.R. Jensen Construction Company
- M&O Insulation Company
- Minnotte Contracting
- Piping & Equipment Company
- Power Process Piping, Inc.
- Rand Construction Company
- Roncelli, Inc.
- Shelby Mechanical, Inc.
- The State Group Industrial (USA) Limited
- Triangle Enterprises, Inc.
Category Four: Less than 99,999 Hours Worked Without a DART Case
- Delta Nooter
- GVH Environmental, Inc.
- Scheck Mechanical Wisconsin Corp.
- Scheck Technical Services, Inc.
- Walbridge East
In addition, 29 companies received Certificates of Achievement for posting a DART rate of 25% or more below the national average, as calculated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics. Those companies receiving certificates were:
- Alberici Constructors
- The American Group of Constructors
- AmQuip Crane Rental LLC
- Anderson Electric, Inc.
- APComPower, Inc.
- APi Construction Co.
- Atlantic Plant Maintenance
- Barton Malow Company
- Brown Electric Co., Inc.
- Construction & Turnaround Services, LLC
- Day & Zimmermann NPS, Inc.
- Enerfab Corporation
- Forest City Erectors, Inc.
- George V. Hamilton, Inc.
- Independence Excavating, Inc.
- J.J. White, Inc.
- Kelley Steel Erectors, Inc.
- MC Industrial
- McCarl's Inc.
- Performance Mechanical, Inc.
- Pioneer Pipe, Inc.
- RMF Nooter, Inc.
- Ryan & Associates, Inc.
- Sachs Electric Company
- Solid Platforms, Inc.
- Stevens Engineers & Constructors, Inc.
- Superior Construction Company, Inc.
- Vulcan Industrial Contractors Co., LLC
- Williams Plant Services, LLC
Awards were given based on work performances during the 2010 calendar year. All direct-hire work-hours under all collective bargaining agreements were eligible.
For additional information on the Thomas J. Reynolds Safety Awards click on the "Awards and Recognition" page found under "About Us" or simply click here.