Helmets to Hardhats Needs Employers!
Darrell RobertsAt the recent TAUC State of the Union Construction Industry Forum held in Washington, D.C. on December 10, 2014, Helmets to Hardhats (H2H) Executive Director Darrell Roberts gave an impassioned presentation on his organization's mission to help exiting military personnel find good job opportunities in the union construction and maintenance industry, whether in the trades or working for union contractors in management positions.
Mr. Roberts specifically asked TAUC to encourage more union contractors to register on the H2H site and post job openings so that more exiting military personnel can begin new careers.
There are more than 84,000 resumes currently on www.helmetstohardhats.org!
To make it as simple as possible, we have put together a step-by-step guide to registering on the H2H site.
Step 1 - Go to www.helmetstohardhats.org
Step 2 - Click "Register" at the top left of the screen
Step 3 - Click "Employer" as your User Group
Step 4 - You will be asked to fill out a basic questionnaire including the contact information for your organization, contact name, and a brief company description.
Questions you will need to be prepared to answer:
- How is your type of employment related to construction?
- Do you have a State or Federally recognized apprenticeship program?
- Do you offer training?
- Does your company/apprenticeship offer Health benefits?
- Does your company/apprenticeship offer retirement benefits?
- Is your company/apprenticeship training eligible for educational benefits from the Vets Montgomery GI Bill or REAP?
- Does your company/apprenticeship have an Affirmative Action program?
- What will be the Starting pay for the Veteran? (annual salary in dollars)
If you have any questions about the Helmets to Hardhats program please reach out to them directly at (202) 347-1461.