TAUC CEO Steve Lindauer Joins NCCMP Board of Directors
Steve Lindauer, CEO of The Association of Union Constructors, has been named to the Board of Directors for the National Coordinating Committee for Multiemployer Plans (NCCMP), the nation's leading advocacy organization for strengthening the multiemployer pension system.
NCCMP has been at the forefront of the multiemployer pension reform movement. Its "Solutions Not Bailout" framework heavily influenced the Multiemployer Pension Reform Act, signed by President Obama in 2014. The Committee continues to push for further changes, including the introduction of composite plans, which would give trustees increased flexibility to ensure retirees continue to receive full benefits without the use of taxpayer funds.
"I am honored to represent TAUC on the board of this prestigious organization," Lindauer said. "Our organization has worked closely with NCCMP for many years. While we have achieved a great deal, including the passage of pension reform in 2014, more needs to be done - and soon. I look forward to working with the entire NCCMP Board of Directors on this crucial task, one that directly impacts the hundreds of thousands of men and women who dedicated their working lives to the union construction and maintenance industry. We will not forget them."
The full roster of the NCCMP Board of Directors is as follows:
- Sean McGarvey, President, North America's Building Trades Unions
- Eric Dean, General President, Iron Workers
- Mark McManus, General President, United Association
- Christopher Brockmeyer, Director of Employee Benefit Funds, The Broadway League
- John Grau, Chief Executive Officer, NECA
- Jeff Green, Principal, Harris Davis Rebar LLC
- Mary Kay Henry, President, SEIU
- Stephen Lindauer, CEO, TAUC
- John McNerney, General Counsel, MCAA
- John "Rocky" Miller, Cox, Castle & Nicholson
- Terry O'Sullivan, General President, Laborers' International Union
- Marc Perrone, International President, UFCW International Union
- Joseph Sellers Jr., General President, Sheet Metal Workers' International Union
- Edward Smith, President and CEO, Ullico, Inc.
- Lonnie Stephenson, International President, IBEW
Learn more about NCCMP at www.nccmp.org.