Excellence in construction safety and health celebrated at annual conference
The awards luncheon was held in conjunction with TAUC Leadership Conference 2009 in Orlando, Fla.
Awards were presented by TAUC Safety and Health Committee Chairman Tony Downey, safety director at Day & Zimmermann NPS, Inc.
Fluor Constructors International was recognized for the most hours worked without a days away, restricted or transferred case in this award cycle: more than 3.2 million hours.
Also recognized as Category One winners were AZCO, Inc., with more than 1 million hours worked without a DART case, and Nooter Construction Company, with 2.2 million hours worked without a DART case.
Scheck Mechanical was recognized as a Category Two winner with more than 700,000 hours worked with a DART case.
The following member companies were recognized as Category Three winners:
- Bruce and Merilees
- Dearborn Mid-West Conveyor Co.
- Helmkamp Construction Co.
- Howell & Howell Contractors, Inc.
- Kelley Steel Erectors
- Meccon Industries
- Power Piping Company
- Scheck Mechanical Wisconsin Corporation
Anderson Industrial Construction Company and Scheck Technical Services were recognized as Category Four winners.
The following member companies received Certificates of Achievement:
- Aker Construction, Inc.
- Alberici Constructors, Inc.
- Atlantic Plant Maintenance, Inc.
- Ben Hur Construction Company
- Bowen Engineering Corporation
- Day & Zimmermann NPS, Inc.
- Graycor Industrial Constructors, Inc.
- Gribbins Insulation
- Industrial Constructors, Inc.
- J.J. White, Inc.
- M & O Environmental Co.
- M & O Insulation Co.
- McCarl's Inc.
- Minnottee Contracting Corporation
- Pioneer Pipe, Inc.
- RMF Nooter
- S.M. Electric Company
- Solid Platforms, Inc.
- Stevens Painton Corporation
The Thomas J. Reynolds Awards for Excellence in Construction Safety and Health were created more than two decades ago to recognize and commend the exceptional efforts made by TAUC members to prevent the occurrence of serious injury on the jobsite.