Union Contractor Groups Join Forces
TAUC and NACA Sign Strategic Alliance
The Association of Union Constructors (TAUC) and the North American Contractors Association (NACA) formally consummated a strategic alliance that will help both organizations in advancing mutual interests beneficial to their respective memberships and the union construction industry. This alliance was signed at the TAUC 2009 State of the Union Construction Industry Meeting held on Tuesday, December 9.
The alliance serves as logical positive step in bringing the employer segment of the union construction industry together by deepening the commitment to work more closely on activities and issues that impact TAUC and NACA both on a regional and national level. "This alliance will bring together the support and resources of two organizations that have a tremendous amount of synergies to the benefit of both of their memberships, and the positive impact they want to see in the union construction industry," NACA Chairman Tim Reddington of Day & Zimmermann NPS said.
Several key points from this strategic alliance include:
- Conduct joint meetings and share information related to construction labor relations, safety, and increasing market share;
- Participate in joint development of products and practices that benefit safety, productivity, market expansion, and profitability;
- Focus on issues of common interest that serve to promote a superior value added product for our clients;
- Increase membership awareness of industry issues through the exchange of information published in print and electronic media;
- Participate in research that emphasizes the development of strategic goals; and
- Enter into a tri-partite approach involving owners, contractors and organized labor in bringing resolution to industry issues.
"Our association sees this as another incredible opportunity for the union contractor segment of the construction industry to come together to work on mutually beneficial goals, so that we can provide the best value to the clients of construction services." TAUC President Robert Santillo of McCarl's Inc. said. TAUC is an umbrella organization, which is focused on working cooperatively with all union construction employer organizations.
Questions regarding this strategic alliance can be directed to Todd Mustard, executive director of association services at firstname.lastname@example.org or (703) 524-3336 ext. 112.
TAUC-NACA Strategic Alliance